Supported Independent Living (SIL) is shared accommodation with professional 24/7 support.
When you have a disability and are unable to live independently, SIL could be the right choice for you.
Challenge Disability Services provides modern shared homes with support workers on hand around the clock for people with National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) funding.
You will be supported by our experienced and trained support workers with:
- Personal care including showering and dressing
- Daily life skills such as cooking, cleaning, gardening and laundry
- Budgeting and household management
- Development of social skills
- Overnight support
Making friends and going out together is an important part of living in a shared home. Your family and friends can visit you or come along to activities including:
- Shopping excursions
- Community events such as markets and sporting events
- Attending live music, seeing a movie and other local attractions
Challenge currently manages residential shared homes in various regionbs across New South Wales and Queensland and are introducing more homes as demand increases. Find out more about if SIL could be the choice for you here.