Assistance with Daily Living
What is NDIS assistance with daily life
NDIS assistance with daily life provides assistance or supervision of personal tasks during day-to-day life that enables the participant to live as independently as possible. These supports are provided individually to participants and can be provided in a range of environments, including your own home.
If you’re not sure if you need Assistance with Daily Living or Supported Independent Living, talk to us about your needs. Our experienced and qualified staff can help you find the right support at the right time. Find out what is included in NDIS support budgets.
Helping you live independently
- Assistance to help you live in a home independently with support to do daily living activities such as cooking your favourite meal, simple cleaning skills to keep yourself organised, you might like a vegetable garden, there are many aspects of the way we can support you.
- Assistance with personal activities such as personal hygiene, medication administration prompts and reminders to work with you keep you in good health
- Making new friends and developing social skills to build new relationships
- Learning how to stay safe at home with as much or as little support for your needs
- Assisting with developing individual skills and completing goals
- Assistance with setting goals around budgeting
- Travel training skills so you can travel independently and feel confident doing so, or transportation support if required.
Am I eligible to receive Assistance with Daily Living?
We provide support for people with low and high needs. To be eligible for Challenge Assistance with Daily Living services, you need to:
- Be aged between 16 and 65
- Live in your own home (not Supported Independent Living)
- Have access to other supports in your community
- Need more than 15 hours per week of personal assistance to complete daily living activities
- Have NDIS funding, or we can help you obtain it
If you are aged between 18 and 65 and have an intellectual disability or have suffered a brain injury, you can join one of our community activities. We can also help you with managing your money and budgeting.