Help With NDIS
What is the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is an Australian Government scheme to help people with a disability find the support they need.
Our highly skilled NDIS staff will talk through your goals and any special needs with you and your support person. NDIS will then create a plan that could include training, skill-building and leisure activities. It may also include modifications to your home to help you move around more easily.
The NDIS plan gives you the flexibility to choose your service provider and when you receive those supports. You will also be able to choose from a wide range of services and take part more fully in your community.
NDIS works in a similar way to Medicare with the costs of providing certain services to people with disability shared by the community through our taxes.
If I have an NDIS plan, can I still choose my own services?
Yes. You have control over your own plan. The NDIS provides money to certain approved service providers. If you have an NDIS plan, this means you don’t need to pay for these services. Challenge Disability Services is an approved provider under NDIS.
What does NDIS cover?
The types of supports that the NDIS may fund for participants include:
- daily personal activities
- transport to enable participation in the community, social, economic and daily life activities
- workplace help to allow a participant to successfully get or keep employment in the open or supported labour market
- therapeutic supports including behaviour support
- help with household tasks to allow the participant to maintain their home environment
- help to a participant by skilled personnel in aids or equipment assessment, set up and training
- home modification design and construction
- mobility equipment, and
- vehicle modifications.
NDIS.gov.au can provide more information on types of funded supports and budget types.
How we can support you
NDIS Eligibility and Application
1. Check your eligibility
2. Make an NDIS Access Request
You can either fill out an Access Request Form and send it to the NDIA via email or post or you can make a Verbal Access Request by calling the NDIA on 1800 800 110.
Once you have made an Access Request, the NDIA will let you know if you have been accepted into the NDIS or not. Response times can vary, but you should get an answer within 21 business days (about a month). If your NDIS application is accepted, the NDIA will get in touch to set up a planning meeting to discuss your needs.
4. Plan your support
Contact us and we’ll work with you to plan and provide your NDIS supports, so you can live the life you aspire to.