SIL Vacancy in Orange Shared Home
If you have an intellectual, physical, or psychosocial disability and you are unable to live independently, Supported Independent Living (SIL) could be the right choice for you.
Supported Independent Living (SIL) is an NDIS support where you can live with other people with a disability or on your own. You will also receive support with everyday tasks like cleaning, cooking, and personal care.
- Safe residential area, close to shops and amenities
- Large bedrooms with built-in wardrobe
- Modern and quality inclusions
- 3 separate living areas including covered alfresco
About the Home
This generously sized 4-bedroom home has plenty of living space, loads of storage and a great floor plan. The modern kitchen is equipped with adaptive appliances for convenience and the large backyard and garden area provide a serene and relaxing outdoor space. The home is close to medical facilities, shopping centers, and public transport for added convenience.
The home features the following;
- Separate lounge, dining and living areas
- 3 participant bedrooms all with built-in robes
- Ducted reverse cycle air-conditioning perfect for the winter and summer months
- Covered alfresco area
- Double lock up garage plus side access
About the Vacancy
Number of Vacancies = 2
There are currently 2 vacancies available at this property, suited to either male or female with mild-moderate disabilities and/or Mental health support needs. The current resident is aged 21 and quite independent. They love music and animals, enjoy watching movies and getting out of the house. They would love a roommate to participate in art and crafts and to cook together.
About the Area
Located in the heart of Orange, NSW, this charming suburb offers a range of amenities and a welcoming community, making it an ideal place for people with disabilities to thrive. Orange boasts beautiful parks, recreational facilities, and easy access to essential services, ensuring a comfortable and fulfilling lifestyle.
- Accessible parks and recreational areas, promoting an active and inclusive lifestyle.
- Excellent healthcare facilities, including Orange Health Service, catering to residents’ medical needs.
- Vibrant local events and community gatherings, encouraging social engagement and interaction.
- Access to specialized support services and organizations for individuals with disabilities.
- Convenient access to local shops, cafes, and restaurants, enriching daily living experiences.
- A safe and peaceful atmosphere, providing a sense of security and tranquility for residents
Support and Funding
Challenge provides 24/7 support staff, including overnight sleepover or active support. Our staff are committed to providing the house members with a high level of support to develop and build life skills including personal care, budgeting, shopping, cooking, maintaining the living environment and social skills. All house members are encouraged to be active in the local community.
Applicants must have NDIS funding for Supported Independent Living. Challenge residential fees include rent, food, utilities, home maintenance, internet access, basic Foxtel, communal appliances and communal area furniture.