SIL Vacancies in Coffs Harbour Shared Home
If you have an intellectual, physical or psychosocial disability and you are unable to live independently, Supported Independent Living (SIL) could be the right choice for you.
Supported Independent Living (SIL) is an NDIS support where you can live with other people with a disability or on your own. You will also receive support with everyday tasks like cleaning, cooking and personal care.
- New modern home,
- Large bedrooms with built in wardrobes,
- Close to amenities and city centre, and
- Modern and quality inclusions.
About the Home
The service is centrally located in West Coffs Harbour, with walking paths to attend to a morning or afternoon walk. It is community focused, and family orientated. West Coffs Harbour is a short 2 – minute drive or 10 – minute walk to the City Centre. The house itself is recently built with 3 bedrooms and has the following luxurious amenities.
- Duct air-conditioning in living areas,
- Open bedroom space with built in wardrobes,
- Ceiling fans in all bedrooms,
- Open plan kitchen with stainless steel appliances,
- 2 covered outdoor areas with BBQ,
- Shared bathroom containing a bath, and
- Free WIFI and Netflix access.
About the Vacancy
Number of Vacancies = 3
House is currently vacant with 3 available bedrooms. Looking to match suitable participants. Our team is goal focused and we operate to a strengths-based framework, with the main objective of enhancing one’s independence. We specialise in areas of rehabilitation and community networking which includes the following;
- Supporting clients on community and correction orders
- Employment and community engagement
- Hobbies and recreation
- Empowerment and personal choice/control
- Being present and working towards all round life satisfaction
- Connecting with family, and building healthy relationships
- Supporting clients recovering from addiction
- Mentoring service that enables you to enjoy new life experiences
About the Area
With West Coffs Harbour being centrally located, the following services are only a short drive or walk from the front step of your new home.
- General store right next door,
- Coff’s Central shopping centre,
- Full range of health services including GP, pathology, chemists,
- Restaurants, clubs and nightlife, and
- Beaches, botanic gardens and nature areas.
Support and Funding
Challenge provides 24/7 support staff, including overnight sleepover or active support. Our staff are committed to providing the house members with a high level of support to develop and build life skills including personal care, budgeting, shopping, cooking, maintaining the living environment and social skills. All house members are encouraged to be active in the local community.
Applicants must have NDIS funding for Supported Independent Living. Challenge residential fees include rent, food, utilities, home maintenance, internet access, basic streaming service, communal appliances and communal area furniture.