SIL Vacancy in Coffs Harbour Female Shared Home
If you have an intellectual, physical or psychosocial disability and you are unable to live independently, Supported Independent Living (SIL) could be the right choice for you.
Supported Independent Living (SIL) is an NDIS support where you can live with other people with a disability or on your own. You will also receive support with everyday tasks like cleaning, cooking and personal care.
- Modern home in a quiet area of West Coffs
- Located in a pleasant area with great local walking routes
- Close to shops, medical facilities and public transport links
About the Home
Nice modern house in a quiet newly established area of Coffs Harbour. Vacant bedroom at the front of the house next to the bathroom. The home has two living areas so clients can access their own space plus a covered back patio/BBQ area. Coffs shops and beaches are approximately 5-7km’s, accessible by public transport (bus). Coffs is a beautiful growing area with loads of activities, lovely beaches and great weather.
The home features the following:
- Three bedrooms all with built-in wardrobes
- Gourmet kitchen with stainless steel appliances
- Air-conditioned lounge room and ceilings fans throughout
- Lounge room and separate media room
- Covered alfresco area
- Double lock-up garage with internal access and automatic door
- Gated side access to the rear yard
- Large backyard with plenty of space for entertaining
About the Vacancy
Number of Vacancies = 1
There is currently 1 vacancy available at this property, suited to a middle-aged female with mild-moderate disabilities and/or mental health support needs. The driveway is a little steep, so mobility may be an issue.
The current residents are both females in their 40s. One loves to cook and bring exotic flavours to the home, she also enjoys walking and has some great local walking routes to keep fit. The other resident enjoys playing guitar and singing as well as spending her afternoons creating art and writing poetry. Current clients get along well and are looking forward to starting a new veggie garden. Both clients enjoy cooking vegetarian meals together with limited meat eaten in household.
Our team is goal focused and we operate to a strengths-based framework, with the main objective of enhancing one’s independence. We specialise in areas of rehabilitation and community networking which includes the following;
- Supporting clients on community and correction orders
- Employment and community engagement
- Hobbies and recreation
- Empowerment and personal choice/control
- Being present and working towards all round life satisfaction
- Connecting with family, and building healthy relationships
- Supporting clients recovering from addiction
- Mentoring service that enables you to enjoy new life experiences
About the Area
This home is located in the desirable West Coffs area of Coffs Harbour. This family-friendly suburb is close to everything you need, including schools, shops, and parks. The property is also just a short drive to the beach, making it the perfect place to call home.
Local amenities include:
- Public transport: Buses and trains
- Parks: West Coffs Park, Coffs Harbour Regional Botanic Garden, Coffs Harbour Aquatic Leisure Centre
- Shops and amenities: West Coffs Plaza, Coffs Harbour City Centre, Coffs Harbour Hospital
- Beaches: Sawtell Beach, Boambee Beach, Moonee Beach
Support and Funding
Challenge provides 24/7 support staff, including overnight sleepovers or active support. Our staff are committed to providing the house members with a high level of support to develop and build life skills including personal care, budgeting, shopping, cooking, maintaining the living environment and social skills. All house members are encouraged to be active in the local community.
Applicants must have NDIS funding for Specialist Disability Accommodation. Challenge residential fees include rent, food, utilities, home maintenance, internet access, basic streaming service, communal appliances and communal area furniture.