Challenge Disability Services offers Assistance with Daily Living in your own home.
If you’re not sure if you need Assistance with Daily Living or Supported Independent Living, talk to us about your needs. Our experienced and qualified staff can help you find the right support at the right time.
Helping you live independently
If you can look after yourself but need some extra help, our Assistance with Daily Living services can make it possible.
Assistance with Daily Living means you stay in your own home. A Challenge Disability Services team member will visit you in your home for several hours each week, depending on how much support you need.
Our qualified and friendly staff can help you with:
- Daily living activities like cooking, cleaning, gardening, public transport and so much more
- Assistance with personal activities such as personal hygiene
- Making new friends
- Learning how to stay safe at home.
Am I eligible to receive Assistance with Daily Living?
We provide support for people with low and high needs. To be eligible for Challenge Assistance with Daily Living services, you need to be:
- Aged between 16 and 65
- Live in your own home (not Supported Independent Living)
- Have access to other supports in your community
- Need more than 15 hours per week of personal assistance to complete daily living activities
- Have NDIS funding, or we can help you obtain it
If you are aged between 18 and 65 and have an intellectual disability or you have suffered a brain injury, you can join one of our community activities. We can also help you with managing your money and budgeting.
Apart from our other locations, Challenge Disability Services has Assistance with Daily Living services in Wee-Waa, Narrabri, Moree and Mungindi, NSW.