SIL Vacancy in Oran Park – Female Shared Home
If you have an intellectual, physical or psychosocial disability and you are unable to live independently, Supported Independent Living (SIL) could be the right choice for you.
Supported Independent Living (SIL) is an NDIS support where you can live with other people with a disability or on your own. You will also receive support with everyday tasks like cleaning, cooking and personal care.
- New modern home
- Safe residential area
- Large bedroom with built-in wardrobe
- Modern and quality inclusions
About the Home
Located in a quiet residential street within Oran Park, this beautiful modern home features a large combined lounge and dining area as well as a carpeted theatre room. The local area provides access to local parks, transport, doctors, and an upcoming aquatics centre.
The home features the following;
- 24/7 staffing support with active overnight
- A large combined lounge and dining with tiling plus another carpeted theatre room
- Stunning entertainers kitchen, stainless steel appliances including gas cooktop and dishwasher
- Three great size bedrooms all with built-in robes.
- Ducted air conditioning throughout
- Security alarm system
- Double size garage with automatic garage doors, internal access and additional space for storage
- Backyard with a covered BBQ and entertainment area
- Easy access to local amenities and attractions
About the Vacancy
Number of Vacancies = 1
This vacancy exists for a female aged between 25 and 35 who is semi-independent, sociable, enjoys pampering and would be happy to share a home with 2 other females with similar interests.
The current house members enjoy shopping, cooking and karaoke, listening to music and watching movies and art & craft.
This house is staffed 27/7 by Challenge’s trained Mental Health Support Workers, providing support in areas of daily living as well as social and recreation activities. This home has a level of 1:2 and 1:1 support during the day and 1:3 active overnight.
About the Area
Oran Park is a suburb of southwest Sydney, New South Wales.
Support and Funding
Challenge provides 24/7 support staff, including overnight sleepover or active support. Our staff are committed to providing the house members with a high level of support to develop and build life skills including personal care, budgeting, shopping, cooking, maintaining the living environment and social skills. All house members are encouraged to be active in the local community.
Applicants must have NDIS funding for Supported Independent Living. Challenge residential fees include rent, food, utilities, home maintenance, internet access, basic Foxtel, communal appliances and communal area furniture.