SIL Vacancy in Oran Park Male Shared Home
If you have an intellectual, physical or psychosocial disability and you are unable to live independently, Supported Independent Living (SIL) could be the right choice for you.
Supported Independent Living (SIL) is an NDIS support where you can live with other people with a disability or on your own. You will also receive support with everyday tasks like cleaning, cooking and personal care.
This modern, single-story SIL shared home is located on a quiet street in the beautiful Sydney suburb of Oran Park. Situated in a quiet, family friendly environment with plenty of parks and outdoor space to enjoy, this home is perfect for those who like peace and quiet while still being close to shops and amenities.
About the Home
This SIL shared home takes full advantage of the outdoor living lifestyle with a great outdoor BBQ area, covered patio and fenced yard. Residents can also enjoy all the benefits of modern living with a theater room, open plan living areas and fully ducted air conditioning.
The home features the following:
- 24/7 staffing support.
- Separate lounge room as well as a combined family and dining area.
- Separate theatre room.
- Stunning entertainers’ kitchen, stainless steel appliances including gas cooktop and dishwasher, large walk in pantry
- Three great size bedrooms all with built in robes.
- Ducted air conditioning throughout and gas outlets for additional heating.
- Security alarm system
- LED lighting throughout
- Lots of storage areas including walk in linen cupboard
- Double size garage with automatic garage doors, internal access and additional space for storage
- Large outdoor patio and back yard for you to enjoy your privacy in your own space or with friends/ family.
- Outdoor BBQ area
- Located in a prime position of Oran Park, local parks, bus transport, local doctors and Oran Park Town Centre which is a 1.7km walk or 4-minute drive.
About the Vacancy
Number of Vacancies = 2
This vacancy is ideal for someone who enjoys their own space while at times enjoys the company and social interactions of other clients. This house is staffed by trained Mental Health Support Workers and the ideal client will preferably have a psychosocial disability.
This vacancy is suitable for a male aged between 18 and 50.
About the Area
Oran Park is a growing suburb with a focus on families. There’s great access to public transport, shopping and outdoor spaces, with this property only a 4-minute drive from the town centre.
Support and Funding
Challenge provides 24/7 support staff, including overnight sleepover or active support. Our staff are committed to providing the house members with a high level of support to develop and build life skills including personal care, budgeting, shopping, cooking, maintaining the living environment and social skills. All house members are encouraged to be active in the local community.
Applicants must have NDIS funding for Supported Independant Living. Challenge residential fees include rent, food, utilities, home maintenance, internet access, basic streaming service, communal appliances and communal area furniture.