SIL Vacancies in Jordan Springs Male Shared Home
If you have an intellectual, physical or psychosocial disability and you are unable to live independently, Supported Independent Living (SIL) could be the right choice for you.
Supported Independent Living (SIL) is an NDIS support where you can live with other people with a disability or on your own. You will also receive support with everyday tasks like cleaning, cooking and personal care.
- New modern home
- Open bedroom space with built in wardrobes with lockable doors for privacy.
- Men shed and games room, which includes table tennis and pool table.
- Modern and quality inclusions
About the Home
The service is located in a new estate, that is community focused and family orientated. Jordan Springs is a ten minute drive from Penrith town centre and a one hour drive from the centre of the Sydney CBD. The house itself is newly built with three very spacious rooms and has the following luxurious amenities;
- Duct air conditioning throughout the house (including bedrooms).
- Two separate entertainment areas with gaming station and movie room.
- New Kitchen with stainless steel appliances
- Outdoor area’s that are fitted with entertainment resources
About the Vacancy
Number of Vacancies = 1
The program is recovery focused and would be suitable for a male participant aged between 30 – 50 years old. The house is staffed at a 2:3 ratio with a sleepover, the ideal housemate would have mild-moderate support needs for daily living skills and accessing the community.
Our team is goal focused and we operate to a strengths-based framework, with the main objective of enhancing one’s independence. We specialise in areas of rehabilitation and community networking which includes the following;
- Supporting clients on community and correction orders
- Employment and community engagement
- Hobbies and recreation
- Empowerment and personal choice/control
- Being present and working towards all round life satisfaction
- Connecting with family, and building healthy relationships
- Supporting clients recovering from addiction
- Mentoring service that enables you to enjoy new life experiences
The current tenants have strong interests in all things related to “boy code.” They love spending time socialising as a group and participating in activities such as;
- Active sports with immense love for cricket and football.
- Fishing and native walks
- Gym and keeping fit
- Music and bands
- Poker and card games
- Light hearted house chat over the preparation of an evening meal
About the Area
Jordan Springs is a suburb of Sydney, in the local government area of the City of Penrith.
With Jordan Springs being a new modern area full of vibrancy the following services are located only a hop, skip away from the front step of your new home;
- Local shopping area with general stores and GP services
- Jordan springs has bus services that will take the clients to the nearest train station which is located at either Penrith or Kingswood
- There are a number of bus stations all around the Jordan Springs community and these are accessible only minutes apart from each other. (Within walking distance).
- With having two established service already operational in the Penrith/Nepean area we have been able to build cohesive relationships with the local community mental health team and the police liaison officer. Both being critical services we check in regularly and they offer clinical and training services to our existing employees and clients.
Support and Funding
Challenge provides 24/7 support staff, including overnight sleepover or active support. Our staff are committed to providing the house members with a high level of support to develop and build life skills including personal care, budgeting, shopping, cooking, maintaining the living environment and social skills. All house members are encouraged to be active in the local community.
Applicants must have NDIS funding for Supported Independent Living. Challenge residential fees include rent, food, utilities, home maintenance, internet access, basic streaming service, communal appliances and communal area furniture.