Vacancy in Horsley Female Shared Home
- New modern home
- Safe residential area
- Large bedroom with built-in wardrobe
- Modern and quality inclusions
About the Home
This modern, family-style home is located in a new residential estate in Horsley, NSW. It is close to the Dapto CBD, public transport, and parks. The home provides comfort, independence, social interaction, and peace of mind for family members and carers.
The home features the following;
- Ducted Air Conditioning
- New kitchen with high-quality appliances
- Outdoor entertaining area and fully secured backyard
- Two separate living areas
About the Vacancy
The vacancy would be suitable for a female participant aged between 30 – 50 years old. The house is staffed at a 2:3 ratio with a sleepover, the ideal housemate would have mild-moderate support needs for daily living skills and accessing the community.
Our team is goal focused and we operate to a strengths-based framework, with the main objective of enhancing one’s independence. We specialise in areas of rehabilitation and community networking which includes the following;
- Supporting clients in the community
- Employment and community engagement
- Hobbies and recreation
- Empowerment and personal choice/control
- Being present and working towards all-round life satisfaction
- Connecting with family, and building healthy relationships
- Mentoring service that enables you to enjoy new life experiences
The current tenants have strong interests in all things related to the “Female code.” They love spending time socialising as a group and participating in activities such as;
- Social outings to beaches/parks
- Music and bands
- Games card games
- Light-hearted house chats over the preparation of an evening meal.
- Arts and Craft
About the Area
Horsley is a suburb in Wollongong. This suburb has expanded since 1999 and contains many newly developed houses.
It has a small shopping area. It is surrounded by parkland, skatepark grounds, and playing fields to the east. West of Horsley is Mount Bong Bong, part of the Illawarra escarpment range and the Dapto cliffs, providing a towering backdrop.
- Local shopping area with general stores and GP services
- Brookes Reach has bus services that will take the clients to the nearest train station which is located in Dapto approximately Five minutes away
- There are a number of bus stations all around the Brookes Reach community and these are accessible only minutes apart from each other. (Within walking distance).
- With five established services already operational in the Brookes Reach/Calderwood /Kembla Grange area we have been able to build cohesive relationships with the local community mental health team and the police liaison officer. Both being critical services we check in regularly and they offer clinical and training services to our existing employees and clients.
Support and Funding
Challenge provides 24/7 support staff, including overnight sleepovers or active support. Our staff is committed to providing the house members with a high level of support to develop and build life skills including personal care, budgeting, shopping, cooking, maintaining the living environment, and social skills. All house members are encouraged to be active in the local community.
Applicants must have NDIS funding for Supported Independent Living. Challenge residential fees include rent, food, utilities, home maintenance, internet access, basic streaming service, communal appliances, and communal area furniture.