SIL Vacancy in Dubbo Female Shared Home
If you have an intellectual, physical or psychosocial disability and you are unable to live independently, Supported Independent Living (SIL) could be the right choice for you.
Supported Independent Living (SIL) is an NDIS support where you can live with other people with a disability or on your own. You will also receive support with everyday tasks like cleaning, cooking and personal care.
- A brand-new contemporary home positioned in Macquarie View Estate
- Located in a pleasant area with peaceful areas to walk/roll
- Close to shops, medical facilities and public transport links
About the Home
Macquarie View Estate is a well designed and professionally landscaped community with a rural focus. It adopts the best the regional location has to offer with wide roads, expansive green corridors and connectivity to the Tracker Riley cycleway and close proximity to the Macquarie River. All within a 5-minute drive to the heart of Dubbo.
The home features the following:
- Three bedrooms all with built-ins
- Stainless steel appliances with large 6 burner gas cook top and gas oven
- Ducted heating & cooling and gas point heating
- Double lock up garage
- Large outdoor entertaining area
About the Vacancy
Number of Vacancies = 1
There is currently 1 vacancy available at this property, suited to females with mild-moderate disabilities and/or Mental health support needs.
About the Area
Dubbo, often referred to the 10-minute town, has so much to offer. There are great restaurants, great tourist destinations like the Taronga Zoo and plenty of National Parks nearby for those who enjoy bush walking and of course the Macquarie River and Burrendong Dam for the fishing enthusiasts. Dubbo maybe a city but it is still very much a country town where community is still the priority.
- Easy access to public transport with a bus top less than 5 minutes walk and only a 10 minute drive to Dubbo train station.
- 5 minutes drive to your local GP
- 10 minutes drive to Dubbo Base hospital
- 5 minutes drive to Orana Mall shopping centre
- Close to local attractions with Taronga Zoo & Dubbo Observatory less than 15 minutes drive
Support and Funding
Challenge provides 24/7 support staff, including overnight sleepover or active support. Our staff are committed to providing the house members with a high level of support to develop and build life skills including personal care, budgeting, shopping, cooking, maintaining the living environment and social skills. All house members are encouraged to be active in the local community.
Applicants must have NDIS funding for Specialist Disability Accommodation. Challenge residential fees include rent, food, utilities, home maintenance, internet access, basic streaming service, communal appliances and communal area furniture.