Vacancies in Dubbo Male and Female Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA)
This High Physical Support Home is a state-of-the-art home designed with independence and comfort in mind. The home is NDIS and SDA accredited achieving Livable Housing Australia's ‘Platinum’ level for High Physical Support and Fully Accessible requirements. The home enables accessibility, safety and enjoyment in every part of a client's day. Each bedroom has direct access to large bathroom with direct ceiling rail if required while kitchen and lounge area are open plan.
- New, purpose built home
- Located in pleasant area with peaceful areas to walk/roll
- Close to shops, medical facilities and public transport links
About the Home
Located within the pleasant area of Southlakes with peaceful areas to walk/roll along the creek and close to shops (150m) for your convenience.
The home features the following:
- 24/7 staffing with currently a sleepover staff at night
- Spacious open plan living areas with ample circulation space
- Side access for community transport
- 4 bedrooms all with built in robes
- Assistive technology ready including options for two way voice/device controlled blinds, windows, doors, zoned climate control, lights, communication and emergency support as required
- 1.6m hallway width
- Direct access to bathroom with reinforced ceiling for hoists and tracks to bathrooms where needed
About the Vacancy
There are currently 2 vacancies available at this property, suited to males or female with high physical needs, of any age.
About the Area
This SDA is located within Southlakes Estate, a 6 minute drive from Dubbo CBD. It is an idyllic community set to the backdrop of open spaces, landscaped pathways, parklands, lakes and water ways. It is in close proximity to major shopping centres, cafes and sporting facilities.
Support and Funding
Challenge provides 24/7 support staff, including overnight sleepover or active support. Our staff are committed to providing the house members with a high level of support to develop and build life skills including personal care, budgeting, shopping, cooking, maintaining the living environment and social skills. All house members are encouraged to be active in the local community.
Applicants must have NDIS funding for Specialist Disability Accommodation. Challenge residential fees include rent, food, utilities, home maintenance, internet access, basic streaming service, communal appliances and communal area furniture.